Saturday, February 12, 2011

What Does The Word Volcom Mean

INTERVIEW: Karine Arabian, Creative

Karine Arabian not a debutante, she made her arms and Swarovski Chanel before launching her own brand of accessories. It has been revealed to the public through the assistance of the international fashion festival in Hyères in 1993 and later by the fashion museum in Marseille, which devoted an exhibition ' & Karine Arabian Armenian fashion, XVII-XXI century ' in 2007. Her line of accessories, shoes, bags and jewelry is both feminine, practical, luxurious and chic. Karine Arabian, is the brand 'darling' of Parisian fashionistas and as soon as yours ...



Can you describe the style Karine Arabian in 3 words?
Stylish, sleek and femininity are the keys to my creations.

What do you remember most about your experience with Chanel?
Chanel is the worldwide symbol of luxury absolute rigor, excellence, high quality, attention to detail, constant attention to the perfection of the finish. I treasured this course during the creation of my brand.

If you could do a collaboration with another designer, who would it be?
A return to the Chanel brand, why not? It would be fun. Among youth, I was struck by the work of William Henry at Carven, a welcome breath of fresh air.
model Pandora


What was the biggest challenge that you faced since you created your own brand?
Implement and sustain a brand is a very important challenge at present. My pride is to have attracted a network of clients who are faithful to my creations each season. Their word-of-mouth praise is the best compliment. This allowed us to consolidate our brand.

Are you a fashion icon?
I felt a great admiration for Mr. Saint Laurent. I am also appreciative Azzedine Alaia, Martin Margiela and Nicolas Ghesquiere, they are great artists.

What advice would you give to a young designer?
To believe in his vision, to stick his style and work day and night.

Can you describe a typical workday?
When I'm in Paris, I work all day in my studio with my team. Just before the release of the collections, I travel a lot in factories, especially in Italy.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
To feed my inspiration, I go out to enjoy the rich cultural life of Paris, concerts, meetings. I visited many galleries, exhibitions, especially the art today, I started collecting.

If you had not become a designer, what would you do?
I'd become an artist, no matter what.

Model Isabella

What are your plans for 2011?
My Shop 4 rue history of Papillon (IXth) has re-opened with a new concept that I designed with architect Joseph Grappin and like me fully. My friend the artist Julie Legrand has created a piece of art in the form of light, especially for my shop. It's a collaboration that kept me very much at heart, open to the public towards art.
I will work on the deployment of this new concept by opening a shop in France but also abroad. I thought about ordering a piece of art for each of the different shops to make them unique every time.
I will also return to China: Our store in Chengdu will be declined by this new concept in other Chinese cities.


INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH 


How would you describe the Karine Arabian' style in  three words?
Elegance, clean lines, feminity are the key words for my creations.

What did you learn the most from your experience with the Chanel brand?
Chanel is the worldwide symbol for luxury, strictness, excellence, high quality, attention to details, the focus on perfect finishes. I've really kept that in mind when I've created my own brand.

If you have to pick one designer to  collaborate with who would it be?
A come back to Chanel, why not? it would be fun! About the young designers, I like Guillaume Henry from Carven, he's a fresh breeze! 

What's the biggest challenge you have had to face since you've created your own brand.
Establishing itself and making a brand durable are the biggest challenges right now. I'm very proud of my faithfull customers. Their  kind words of mouth are the nicest regards and they allowed us to consolidate our brand.





Do you have a fashion icon?
I have a huge admiration for mister Saint-Laurent (YSL). Plus, I like a lot Azzedine Alaïa, Martin Margiela and Nicolas Ghesquières, they are great artists.

Any advices for up & coming designers?
Believe in your own vision, stick to your own style and work hard day and night.

What is your typical day like?
When I'm in Paris, I'm working everyday at my studio with my team. Just before the collections are coming out, I'm travelling a lot to the factories, especially in Italy.

What do you do when you have free time?
In order to get some inspirations, I'm exploring the  huge culture of Paris, I'm going out to concerts, meeting people..I love visiting art galleries, exhibitions especially contemporary art, I'm even starting to collect some pieces.


If you weren't a fashion designer, what would you be doing?
I would have been an artist no matter what.. .

What are your next projects for 2011?
My shop located on 4 rue Papillon in Paris has just re-opened  with a new concept that I've created with the architect Joseph Grappin and it looks just like me. My friend Julie Legrand has created an art piece in the form of a luminary just for the store. This collaboration was very close to my heart, I wanted to make art more accesible to people. I'm going to work on this new concept through the boutiques' openings in France and abroad. I Thought about ordering a different art piece for Every shop in order to make 'em unique.
Then, I'm going back to China Because We Are Going to Introduce our new concept art from Chengdu to Our shop and Some Other Chinese cities.

Link: Karine Arabian

0 comments:

Post a Comment